As I alluded to yesterday on Instagram, today we're talking making our bedrooms a sanctuary. It's where we sleep, where we hang, and sometimes a peaceful retreat where we can get some work done. I'm not the most organized person, but I know that being organized when it comes to my space is so important because it gives me mental clarity. (This has been proven; organizing your space can help you organize your tasks.) Here are some of my suggestions (from personal experience):
1. Display a few pieces that you love. It can be a photo, a painting, a gift or recognition from your childhood or even flowers. My favorite are hydrangeas, pictured here. (You can also buy that candle here.) Whatever it is, surround yourself with pieces that will bring you joy, day in and day out.
2. Add shelves. Using that vertical wall space will allow for more storage and if decorated properly, shelves can add a lot of dimension to your room.
3. Keep hardcover books. In this day and age, it seems we're always reading from a blue-lit screen -- our computers or our iPads. Hard cover books are a symbol of old-school comfort.
4. Make your room an expression of yourself. A room that reflects you will make you feel most peaceful. Think about who your muses are and what inspires you most. Maybe your clothes are your most treasured items. Display them (<-- like you see to the left.)
5. Even if your space is small, don't over-clutter it. A cluttered space will make for a cluttered mind. Our environments affect us. Take pride in them.
Chanel Collections and Creations (for the lowest price)
Threshold Modern Shelves | HERE (I also <3 these)
Honey-can-do White Garment Rack | HERE
Vase LIBEEY Glass (Only $5.99!) | HERE
The Clean Method Lifestyle: Green Living Tips, Environmental Conservation, Sustainable Choices, Local Food, Organic Farming / Gardening + More
I love food, fitness, fashion & anything else that's motivating. Have an inspiring story you want to share?