1. Start the Day Off with an Awesome Breakfast: Research indicates that those who eat breakfast weigh less than those who skip it so start your day off right with a hearty and nutritious breakfast that will put a spring in your step and give you all the energy & power you need to get through your Monday. Whenever you can, incorporate whole grains, protein & fresh fruit into your morning meal. I switch up my breakfast all the time, depending on the mood I'm in and what my body is craving (listen to it!) but this morning I filled up on a bowl of Purely Elizabeth Ancient Grain Oatmeal Gluten Free Organic Cranberry Pumpkin Seed (it can purchased online from Vitacost for super cheap!), topped with fresh blueberries, cherries, strawberries, a teaspoon of warmed-up honey & a dash of cinnamon. I also drank two cups of green tea, like I usually do, for an power punch - I love that this antioxidant-filled drink promotes a relaxed stimulation & revs your metabolism.
2. Spend Extra Time on Your Physical Appearance: If you throw on a pulled-together outfit (stay tune for our #fitfashion posts & #TheCleanMethod clothing line!), style your hair, and spend some extra time on your makeup, it's a guarantee that you'll look and feel more confident. Lack of confidence can impede upon your ability to achieve peak performance at work or school. According to the National Mental Health Information Center, positive self-esteem and confidence are indicators of good mental health. What's more? Feeling beautiful will also lead you to make healthier food choices throughout the day.
3. Jam Out: While on your way to work, making breakfast, or getting ready, listening to some music will put you in a better mood! Whether it's classical, jazz, or whatever's hot on the radio, it's scientifically proven that listening to music will elevate mood, relieve stress, and improve cognitive performance. We're listening to Ariana Grande ft. Iggy Azalea - Problem today. This song is the perfect kick in the butt to get you motivated for your Monday workday & workout. Check it out on the YouTube video we shared below so you can listen while you read!
4. Incorporate Physical Activity: I know that getting in a full workout before work or school is tough for most people due to time constraints, but studies show that working out in the morning will jump-start your metabolism so that you'll burn a greater amount of calories throughout the day. If you don't have time to go for a run or hit the gym in the early a.m., walking your dog or taking a brisk walk around your block can be just enough movement to give your metabolism the little boost it needs. Any physical activity in the morning will increase oxygen flow to the brain, thereby improving cognitive functions.
5. Get Enough Sleep the Night Before: You probably hit the town hard on Friday and Saturday, so take advantage of the fact that it's socially acceptable to be a responsible adult on Sunday and from now on, go to bed as early as possible on Sunday! Getting eight hours of sleep or more is ideal. So make sure to grab some extra beauty rest on Sunday nights so you're more than ready to tackle your Monday!
6. Organize Your Workspace: Creating a workplace that is enjoyable to be in will make your Monday a little less dreary. Putting up pictures of family & friends, or artwork with bright colors & patterns will also stimulate the brain. When the work environment is not stimulating, employees lose focus and creative drive. An environment devoid of sensory stimulation and variability can lead to boredom & passivity. Try looking up some cute DIY's on Youtube or Pintrest for your own office!
I hope you guys can use these tips to make your Monday better! Make sure to give The Clean Method some love and like this post on Facebook & Twitter. Plus, share comments directly to this post! I'll be answering them in real-time later!
Craving even more healthy tips and inspiring photos? Follow us on Instagram: @thecleanmethod!