1. Even if your goal is big, break it down into small, measurable parts. This way you can stay on track and won't get overwhelmed by the size of your aspirations - though the larger the better!
2. Create a timeline for your goals, and schedule check-ins. Every week might be tough, depending upon your goal, so aim for every month. From there, make to-do lists that meet your objectives.
3. Focus on the why. Like anything you want to achieve, there will be challenges, and at times, even pitfalls. So, stay focused on why you're doing what you're doing so you can deal with the sacrifices it requires to get there.
4. Stay focused. The hardest part of achieving anything is the middle ground, when the initial excitement wears away, the hard work begins and the end seems no where in sight. But again, remember that you are working towards a certain outcome, defined by you!
4. You and your friend have a similar goal? Don't compare your pace to others. Everyone will take their own unique path to achieve their aspirations. Slow and steady wins the race.