For those of you unmotivated this morning...for those of you searching for your life's purpose...for those of you that are tired... dispel fear & doubt... get back up... & light your inner flame:
Research shows that stress is one of the largest causes of weight gain and weight retention, in women especially. To keep off those extra pounds, try a few of these simple tips to keep your stress level (and waist size) down.
Give Yourself Time:
There is nothing more stressful than being on a tight schedule. My life is super hectic - running from event to event, so I know the best thing for me to do is spare myself some extra time. Whenever I have a super busy day, I wake-up 30 minutes earlier than I normally would to make sure I'm totally prepared for the day. I'd suggest you do the same!
15 Minutes to Relax:
When you're feeling super stressed out, sit back and take a moment to relax. Reading a good book, making some tea, or listening to music is a great way to reset & get your mind off of all the other things you have on your plate. A quick run or fast-walk to the water is one of my favorite ways to release any pent-up stress. When I'm finished, I always make sure I take a few moments to drink in the beautiful scenery before me (like I'm doing in this pic!)
Keep a Positive Attitude:
As simple as it sounds, it's one of the most difficult things to do when you're stressed. Recognize and change any negative messages you're sending to yourself to positive ones. Transform your "I'm not good enough" into "Nobody's perfect" but "I'm working on it."
If you find yourself getting too worked up over something, stop and take a deep breath. Sit up straight (I like to sit in a traditional cross-legged, pretzel posture), inhale through the nose, and breath out heavily through the mouth. Repeat this for about two minutes or so. Aside from promoting relaxation, studies show that deep breathing will help lower your heart rate, improving your overall health.
Get Enough Sleep:
You think pulling an all-nighter or staying at work until all hours of the morning will improve your performance? Think again. Without sleep, our body is unable to properly function. Why deprive yourself of something you can control? Instead of staying up late to keep up with the Kardashians, turn off your T.V and phone, and get some rest. Playing with your phone or computer right before bed can actually inhibit what would otherwise be your body's natural release of melatonin, a hormone that aids in a peaceful rest. Nothing's is more entertaining than a good dream.
Okay, so I'm not a huge believer in supplements, especially the plethora of drinkable, protein-loaded junk on the market. But I can say that I've been pleasantly surprised by the products I recently tried from I AM: a unique, philosophical brand with supplements, elixirs & mists containing botanical ingredients sourced from sustainable farms. I AM Co-Founders, husband and wife duo Eric Schnell and Marci Zaroff-Schnell, drew their inspiration from classical Eastern Medicine, modern spirit-science and the I AM ‘Law of Attraction' to create these one-of-a-kind products sold in upscale, healthy retailers like Whole Foods & Wild by Nature.
I am Skinny
With B-Vitamins, D-Ribose, Niacin, Chromium, Kokum Fruit Extract [proven to boost energy without the jitters] & African Mango Seed Extract [which helps control appetite and improve metabolism] this products promises to shed pounds while enhancing your overall well being.
What I liked:
Although I wasn't skinnier when I awoke the next morning [after ingesting the recommended dosage of two drinks in one day], I do think I experienced reduced hunger & diminished cravings after drinking two rounds of this liquid.
This supplement is sugar-free, gluten-free, naturally sweetened (with Stevia) and artificial flavor/color-free [with a natural raspberry taste.]
What I'm not sure about:
I can't say I felt a huge difference in one day, but that wouldn't be natural anyway. Perhaps that's why the company has created a 5 day plan for this particular liquid supplement.
I am Sleepy
What I liked:
Yeah, this works. I'm not the best sleeper, and getting enough shut-eye is something I try to prioritize, though it's not always easy. Sometimes I get swept up in the rush of running two businesses and find it hard to slow down (hello, yoga.) I drank this stuff two nights in a row before bed, and I felt more relaxed, sleepy and, well...tranquil. There are SO many natural supplements for relaxation/sleep on the market, but aside from Valerian, I can't say that they all work well.
What I'm not sure about:
I am Enlightened | Chakra Crystal Mist
This mist promises to welcome divine light into your being to inspire insight, unleash creativity & promote clarity.
What I liked:
Just reading the words on the bottle gave me a sense of empowerment. The blend of different color lotuses (each supposed to supply you with a different type of wisdom) mixed with lavender, cedar, Herkimer Diamond and more, leaves an aromatic, lustful scent on your skin. I love that the directions on the bottle advise you to gently shake and set your intention before spraying this majestic potion around your body with "conscious, loving intent.." Nice.
What I'm still not sure about:
I smelled good & loved the fact that I was basking in nature's gifts. I'm not sure if it was the product's scent that relaxed me (though I do believe in aromatherapy) or the fact that I took a moment to unwind & reset. Either way, I'm digging this Chakra Crystal Mist.
All in all:
I am Enlightened...to try this again.
Christina [TCM Founder & CEO]
It's your lucky day! Because you guys have been so AWESOME lately.. we're giving away some exciting prizes!
#TheCleanMethod Clothing Line
Want a chance to have your favorite fitness motivating quote featured on the back of #TheCleanMethod's new tanks? Simply comment below with your favorite fitness motivating quote. (It doesn't have to be "Eat Clean, Train Dirty." Let's get creative!) Prefer to chat it up with us through Instagram? Simply comment on today's quote post or tag us (@TheCleanMethod) in your favorite quotes on Instagram. We'll let you know who the lucky winner is!
#TheCleanMethod Launch Party
Want a chance to win two free, exclusive invites to TheCleanMethod's launch party for you and a +1? Simply click the ad on the right-hand side of our site. (It'll take you less than a millisecond.) Plus, our launch party will have tons of fun giveways - including free @TheCleanMethod tanks, so this is a super easy way increase your chance of #winning!
Now go rock this Monday so you can go workout, if you haven't already! :)
We all know Mondays aren't the best. Most of us are a familiar with the "Sunday scaries" - that feeling you get on a Sunday when you know you've got to get up at the crack of dawn on Monday to crank out hours of work. So follow these easy tips below to help soften that Monday blow.
1. Start the Day Off with an Awesome Breakfast: Research indicates that those who eat breakfast weigh less than those who skip it so start your day off right with a hearty and nutritious breakfast that will put a spring in your step and give you all the energy & power you need to get through your Monday. Whenever you can, incorporate whole grains, protein & fresh fruit into your morning meal. I switch up my breakfast all the time, depending on the mood I'm in and what my body is craving (listen to it!) but this morning I filled up on a bowl of Purely Elizabeth Ancient Grain Oatmeal Gluten Free Organic Cranberry Pumpkin Seed (it can purchased online from Vitacost for super cheap!), topped with fresh blueberries, cherries, strawberries, a teaspoon of warmed-up honey & a dash of cinnamon. I also drank two cups of green tea, like I usually do, for an power punch - I love that this antioxidant-filled drink promotes a relaxed stimulation & revs your metabolism.
2. Spend Extra Time on Your Physical Appearance: If you throw on a pulled-together outfit (stay tune for our #fitfashion posts & #TheCleanMethod clothing line!), style your hair, and spend some extra time on your makeup, it's a guarantee that you'll look and feel more confident. Lack of confidence can impede upon your ability to achieve peak performance at work or school. According to the National Mental Health Information Center, positive self-esteem and confidence are indicators of good mental health. What's more? Feeling beautiful will also lead you to make healthier food choices throughout the day.
3. Jam Out: While on your way to work, making breakfast, or getting ready, listening to some music will put you in a better mood! Whether it's classical, jazz, or whatever's hot on the radio, it's scientifically proven that listening to music will elevate mood, relieve stress, and improve cognitive performance. We're listening to Ariana Grande ft. Iggy Azalea - Problem today. This song is the perfect kick in the butt to get you motivated for your Monday workday & workout. Check it out on the YouTube video we shared below so you can listen while you read!
4. Incorporate Physical Activity: I know that getting in a full workout before work or school is tough for most people due to time constraints, but studies show that working out in the morning will jump-start your metabolism so that you'll burn a greater amount of calories throughout the day. If you don't have time to go for a run or hit the gym in the early a.m., walking your dog or taking a brisk walk around your block can be just enough movement to give your metabolism the little boost it needs. Any physical activity in the morning will increase oxygen flow to the brain, thereby improving cognitive functions.
5. Get Enough Sleep the Night Before: You probably hit the town hard on Friday and Saturday, so take advantage of the fact that it's socially acceptable to be a responsible adult on Sunday and from now on, go to bed as early as possible on Sunday! Getting eight hours of sleep or more is ideal. So make sure to grab some extra beauty rest on Sunday nights so you're more than ready to tackle your Monday!
6. Organize Your Workspace: Creating a workplace that is enjoyable to be in will make your Monday a little less dreary. Putting up pictures of family & friends, or artwork with bright colors & patterns will also stimulate the brain. When the work environment is not stimulating, employees lose focus and creative drive. An environment devoid of sensory stimulation and variability can lead to boredom & passivity. Try looking up some cute DIY's on Youtube or Pintrest for your own office!
I hope you guys can use these tips to make your Monday better! Make sure to give The Clean Method some love and like this post on Facebook & Twitter. Plus, share comments directly to this post! I'll be answering them in real-time later!
Craving even more healthy tips and inspiring photos? Follow us on Instagram: @thecleanmethod!
I received a beautiful note from a loyal TCM follower & recipe contributor the other day, and I just have to share it with all of you to remind you of something I try to convey throughout this site and all of our social channels: the importance of gratitude for the small, but often most significant, things in life. Thank you, Corey Leigh.
Enjoy || XOXO,
" I ❤️...I love that I have the ability to love and be loved. I think self worth is one of the most important things in life. I love that I have access to clean food and water. That I have a choice in every aspect of my life. A choice to be positive or negative and I try every day to pass this onto my young daughter. I love the positivity jar that she initiated in our home and at the end of everyday we all write something positive about our day to remind us that one positive event can dwarf a day of bad. I love that I have taught myself to cook and have the ability to cook and bake for my daughter who is allergic to dairy, peanuts and treenuts. I love the options that we have today that we didn't have 20 years ago for Almost any allergy or intolerance. I love that people living a clean lifestyle are making an impact on this world and it's future generations. I could go on...but I'll stop now. Much love, [Corey Leigh, TCM fan/Recipe contributor] "
1. MyFitnessPal: This App is one of the best free Apps on the market. I'm not a huge calorie counter, but it allows me to gauge whether or not I'm staying on track with my ideal calorie intake per day.
After setting a goal weight and a time period in which I'd like to reach that weight, the App provides the amount of calories I should be eating per day. It also allows me to log my meals. (Built into the App is a search that makes it easy to see how many calories are in your meal if you're not sure!) The App also makes it super easy to log workouts. Simply search for the type of workout and the duration at which you performed it, and it'll tell you how many calories you've burned! You should definitely check it out in the App Store if you need help keeping track of how many calories you've taken in and how many you've burned throughout the day!
2. MapMyRun: I love to run, and this App makes it so much easier for me to track my mileage. It generates routes in my area, my average pace and the distance I've run, all while allowing me to play music while the App is on! Plus, it tells me how many calories I've burned during the run. The best part? It's FREE!
If you download one or both of these amazing Apps, let me know what you think by commenting on this post or on our Instagram (@thecleanmethod).
For more insider tips, follow us on Pinterest.
Want a chance to gain access to our secret boards & other exclusive tips?
Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I love food, fitness, fashion & anything else that's motivating. Have an inspiring story you want to share?