GLUTEN FREE BANANA OAT PANCAKES
Ingredients (makes one stack):
- 60g buckwheat flour
- 60g oat flour
- 180ml – 200ml rice milk (or other plant-based milk)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 mashed banana (about 70g)
- 1 tsp chia seeds + 3 tsp water
- 1 tsp baking powder
1. Mix one tsp. of chia seeds with three tsp. of water, stir and let it soak for 5 minutes.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the buckwheat and oat flour with cinnamon and baking powder and stir with a spoon.
3. Next, add rice milk, mashed banana and chia gel and whisk until well-combined.
4. Heat a non-stick pan until hot. Pour some of the pancake batter in the pan. Bake until golden then flip and do the same on the other side.
5. Serve while warm and enjoy!
VEGAN FLUFFLY PANCAKES
Ingredients (serves 8 pancakes):
- 130 gr. whole spelt flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 125 ml. cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- More coconut oil to grease your pan
- Fresh fruit for serving (optional)
- Chocolate sauce for serving (optional)
1. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk together the milk, oil, maple syrup and vanilla until thoroughly blended.
2. Pour the liquid mixture into the dry one. Stir until combined. Let rest the batter for 5 minutes so your pancakes will be fluffy.
3. Meanwhile, heat a skillet over medium heat. Grease the pan lightly with coconut oil. Pour a heaping spoonful of pancake batter onto the hot pan, and cook until bubbles form. Then flip carefully, and cook the other side. Repeat until the batter is gone.
4. Make eight delicious pancakes, and serve with fresh fruit, and chocolate sauce.
We're drooling over Lena's Cashew-Chocolate Pancakes. Lena is a vegetarian turned vegan, and can't believe the amount of energy she has to attribute to her new, healthy lifestyle! Find her on Instagram (@lenaliciously) or check out her blog for more amazing recipes. We're drooling over every post!
- 1 cup oats
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (she used soymilk)
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup cashew nut flour
- 1 1/2 cup cacao powder
1. Blend the cashews in a high speed blender until it creates a flour consistency. In large bowl, mix the oats, sugar, baking powder, banana, and milk together and blend until smooth.
2. Divide the mixture into two separate bowls and mix with cashew flour and cacao powder.
3. Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
4. Portion out batter into pan. When edges turn golden and pancakes start to bubble, flip and cook until done.
5. Top with the garnish of your choice, and enjoy!
Lara says, "Raising my children to be healthy, ethical and compassionate beings is one of the most rewarding achievements as a parent. Don’t be afraid to bring your kids into the kitchen to help you prepare meals…sometimes they come up with the most creative ideas!"
FLUFFY FRUITY PANCAKES
Ingredients (this recipe serves 4:)
- 2 flax eggs (mix 2 tbsp ground flax seeds + 6 tbsp water, set aside to thicken)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups almond milk
- vanilla beans from 2 vanilla pods (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Maple syrup
- Crunchy 100% peanut butter
- Fruit salad (today’s was fresh dragonfruit & plum)
1. In a small bowl, combine milk and vinegar, and let it stand for 5 minutes. Then add the flax, egg & vanilla.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the flours, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon & salt
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry & combine well -- but don’t over mix as gently folding results in fluffy pancakes.
4. Cook on a hot pan with a little coconut oil.
5. Pour in 1/4 cup of mixture (or extra if you like them larger.)
6. Once bubbles form on the surface, flip and cook until golden.
7. Top with a drizzle of maple syrup, a thick dollop of peanut butter & fresh fruit salad.