Rhiannon Ashlee, 22 year-old English fashion/lifestyle blogger, who heads up the popular blog, Fashion Rocks my Socks and its accompanying Youtube channel, was sweet enough to share her simple, yet mouth-watering Simple Smoothie Bowl recipe with all of you TCMers!
Ingredients & Process:
- Blend 2-3 frozen bananas with a little bit of almond milk (optional: add 1 Tsp of Maca Powder before blending - it's great for energy levels! Rhiannon gets her from Organic Burst.)
- Scrape half the mixture into your bowl and blend the other half with frozen berries (optional: add 1 Tsp of Acai Powder before blending. It's full of antioxidants and rich in essential fatty acids. Rhiannon purchases hers from Body Me.)
- Top with strawberries, chia Seeds, greek Yogurt and BlendCo. Superfood Blend or anything else healthy that you desire!
Another one of our favorite, British bloggers hailing from London, Gloria, lives a plant-based lifestyle that is completely free of wheat and yeast to nourish and heal her body. Gloria used to be sick and on antibiotics all of the time, but managed to eliminate that and now lives an energetic, happy life.
Below is her recipe for her Easy Fig Bircher with Coconut and Goji.
For more inspiring recipes and incredible food photography, be sure to visit her blog: Shanyara Leonie.
Makes 1 serving | Prep time: 10 min.
(leave overnight or let sit at least 10-15 minutes)
- 3 fresh figs
- 2 tbsp juice of lemon
- A few goji berries
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- A few drops of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup oats
- A few raisins
- 1 tsp. of chia seeds
- 1 heaping tbsp. of coconut yoghurt
- 1 tbsp. of desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup oat milk ( or plant milk)
- 1/2 ripe banana
1. Scoop out the flesh of 2 figs and add it to the blender along with 1 tbsp lemon juice, a bit of vanilla powder and the chia seeds. Blend away and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, throw in and mash together all the other ingredients. Mix in a bit of the blended fix and use the rest for topping. For creamiest results, leave covered overnight in the fridge, or at least for 10-15 min. You may also top with fig chunks, more goji berries and coconut shavings, as you desire.
BeVERRY BERRY PITAYA SMOOTHIE
- 1/2 pink dragonfruit
- 3 lychees, peeled and pit removed
- 2 medium-sized bananas
- 1 handful frozen blueberries
- 1 handful frozen strawberries
- 1 handful frozen raspberries
- 1tbsp cranberry powder (Optional: for extra vibrance)
- 1tbsp coconut sugar (Optional: for extra sweetness)
- 100ml almond milk
Suggested toppings: Creative Nature chia seeds, crumbled health bars
- Combine all the listed ingredients into a blender.
- Blend on medium to high for 40 seconds, or until smooth. Alternatively, if you use a BlendTec, select the “Smoothie” programme.
- Pour into a glass or bowl & enjoy!
Be sure to check out Moni on Instagram (@mindfullymoni) for additional recipes, including scrumptious pancakes!