This week's featured clean recipe comes from blogger and fellow clean living connoisseur Mollie Mason. Like so many of you TCMer's, Mollie is interested in preventative health, with a focus on nourishing the body from the inside out: mind, body, heart & soul. Her recipes do just that, and we're especially eating up this coconut Chia one. As we've discussed on The Clean Method, there are so many amazing benefits to chia seeds. Deemed the "warrior food" by the Ancient Mayans, Chia seeds are loaded with protein, fiber and omega-3 fatty acids. They also contain calcium and phosphorous, both of which aid in digestion and hydration. For more recipes containing this superfood, check out our take on Vanilla-Chia Pudding or our Baked Ginger Chia Blackberry Oats. Mollie's recipe below!
Coconut Chia Pudding Recipe
- The good ingredients: 1 can of coconut milk (Mollie suggests the full-fat coconut milk)
- 1/2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 scoops vital proteins collagen peptides (Mollie loves these peptides & includes them in many of her recipes!)
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds (Nutiva is Mollie's favorite)
- Pour the coconut milk in a bowl.
- Add the collagen + vanilla extract + cinnamon.
- Whisk whisk whisk. --> If your coconut milk fat has separated from the liquid (which it should if it’s the real kind), you might even consider blending this part up to make sure it gets distributed nicely. Slowly pour the chia seeds in. Gently whisk as you go – You don’t want to be breaking the chia seeds, you just want to get them mixed in well. The goal here is to get the chia seeds to soak up the coconut milk and expand, so the slower the better.
- Refrigerate overnight.
To check out more of Mollie's recipes, visit her rockin' blog, where she also talks fitness & faith. You can also find Molly on social, both Twitter & Instagram -- this is where we found her :)
If you try this Chia pudding recipe at home, tell us what you think in the comments below! Have other awesome chia-containing recipes you'd like to share? We're accepting submissions for any & all clean living recipes and we love to see what you beauties are cooking up!
So email me! email@example.com for a chance to have your recipe featured in the weekly clean recipe roundup. As always, I love to hear from you. <3
To health & happiness!